Create a Mailing list
Mailing list is a group of email address to which a number of users are subscribed. Mailing lists are used for sending email messages to multiple recipients at once.
Login to the Plesk Control Panel to create mailing list.
This is where we can create and manage mailing lists. A mailing list is a means to send an email message to multiple recipients at once. Mailing lists are commonly used for sending newsletters and organizing email discussion forums.
- Click the Mail tab.
- Click on Mailing Lists.
- Click on Create Mailing List.
- Assign a new user name in Mailing list address input box.
- Select domain name for your user name.
- Assign a administrator's mail ID.
- Assign password.
- Write mailing list subscriber's list in Subscribes text area.
- To subscribe users to the mailing list, type their email addresses into the Subscribers field, one address per line.
- To unsubscribe users, remove their addresses from the Subscribers field.
- As soon as mail list is created Admin will be notify.
- Click OK button to accept above settings.
- Please click on the Manage the list option and give the respective password to manage the settings of Mailing list.
- We have to login the Mailing list through administrative password
Please follow the below given options to manage the Mailing list.
Option 01: Add multiple administrator addresses
- owner (general): The list administrator email addresses. We can add multiple administrator addresses as per our requirement, each on separate line is okay.
There are two ownership roles associated with each mailing list. The list administrators are the people who have ultimate control over all parameters of this mailing list. They are able to change any list configuration variable available through these administration web pages.
The list moderators have more limited permissions; they are not able to change any list configuration variable, but they are allowed to tend to pending administration requests, including approving or rejecting held subscription requests, and disposing of held postings. Of course, the list administrators can also tend to pending requests.
In order to split the list ownership duties into administrators and moderators, you must set a separate moderator password, and also provide the email addresses of the list moderators. Note that the field you are changing here specifies the list administrators.
Option 02: Any non-member of the mailing list can send email
- generic_nonmember_action (privacy): Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined.
In case you want any email id to post to members of that list, please click on the Privacy options setting and click on Accept radio option, any non-member of the mailing list can send email immediately to that.
When a post from a non-member is received, the message's sender is matched against the list of explicitly accepted, held, rejected (bounced), and discarded addresses. If no match is found, then this action is taken.
Option 03: Receive email alerts to the specific email id.
- We can also click on Tend to pending moderator requests, to release emails pending for approval. On the General Options, you can specify your email address on the list admin email address option to receive email alerts for the lists to your id.
Option 04: Maximum length of a message body
- max_message_size (general): Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message body. We can use 0 for no limit.
This setting allows you to set the largest message that can be posted to your list. You should choose the size limit that works best for your list.
Option 05: Maximum number of recipients acceptable
- max_num_recipients (privacy): Ceiling on acceptable number of recipients for a posting.
If a posting has this number, or more, of recipients, it is held for admin approval. We can use 0 for no ceiling.
Option 06: Non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically rejected
- reject_these_nonmembers (privacy): List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically rejected.
Postings from any of these non-members will be automatically rejected. In other words, their messages will be bounced back to the sender with a notification of automatic rejection. This option is not appropriate for known spam senders; their messages should be automatically discarded.
# Also please follow the reference link: