1. To configure Mail Account on Thunderbird, open Thunderbird click on “Tools” over the tab and click “Account Setting” From the drop down menu. (On Linux Ubuntu click on Edit > Account Setting).
2. Click On “Account Actions” and click “Add Mail Account” from the drop down menu after clicking this “Mail Account Setup” pop up comes up.
3. Give Email address and Password and click "Continue".
4. After clicking “Continue” Button Thunderbird finds the mail server information. Click on “Manual Config” .
5. Give the Incoming mail server information and Protocol “IMAP” or “POP” , Server hostname & Port . Similary we have to set Outgoing mail Server hostname and port. If we choose Port in auto mode the thunderbird automatically find out actual port for incoming and outgoing mail server. Click On “Re-test” Button to check configuration is correct or not.
6. After checking complete “Done” Button will automatically activate and click on "Done".
7. After clicking “Done” button Thunderbird check login credentials are correct or not. When this process is complete then thunderbird will start to download and synchronize all the mail from the server.
8. After competition of process now Thunderbird is ready to use.