To enhance security further we have added a 2 Factor authentication mechanism to the Plesk panel called Google Authenticator. If you enable this feature you will be prompted for a 6 digit code whenever you access Plesk panel. You will be ask to key in this random code after you successfully have entered your login name and password.
To enable Google Authenticator
1. Login to Plesk panel
4. Go to the Google Authenticator tab from left panel.
Or you can use the "Could not scan the barcode?" link and configure the account name and key on Google Authenticator apps installed on your smart phone.
7. Now put the Verification code on plesk, which is generated on your smart phone.
9. The next that you will login to Plesk panel, after the login name and password you will get this pop-up window. Use your smart phone to generate the next random 6 digit code via the Google Authenticator app and key in this code in the pop-up window.
10. Click OK to login to Plesk panel.
Install and Configure an OTP smartphone app
Apps Link for android phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2&hl=en
After installing the Google authenticator, we need to choose Enter provided key and email id by manually and will get a verification code. This 6-digit code will changes after 15 seconds.
Note: Please clear Google Authenticator application's cache every 30 days to work it properly.
1. If I have lost my phone. How can I access the Plesk panel?
2. If client want to change the secret account code or barcode
If client want to change the secret account key or barcode which user have to configure their mobiles. Client need to uninstall the security plugin and reinstall it from Extensions tab.